Monday 22 August 2016

AIWorld: Goals

Please, read to the end. So, probably the most important blog post since the beginning. In this post, I will try to explain my goals for the near future, what I have done and what I'll have to do. Each Sunday and Saturday I will try to post my gamedev progress, and each Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday I'll post a tutorial / a review / a review of a tutorial with my comment.


Accomplished:
  • Huge map with no bugs as far as I could check. (Yes, I know that it's someone else's textures.)
  • Loading and saving map with additional info, such as 'Name', 'Description', 'Date' and 'Icon'.


  • Made a few blocks, 6th from the left is unbreakable.
  • Made a bot that more-or-less follows the player (no model yet) and performs commands, like place or destroy block.
  • Made a bot that follows a pre-made curve (for transportation with roads/pipes/etc.) (no model yet)
To do:
  • Finish inventory, drag&drop items, place items on ground/in chests, take items.
  • Make a pipe for the bot to follow.
  • Get more blocks, maybe some grass/trees.
  • Create custom scripts for generating blocks in shape of X (like grass), Cube, Stairs, Slopes (for bots), Pipes, Fences.
Just so you know, I AM definitely going to make changes to the whole project appearance, but, for now, I will leave it be, because it 'technically' works.
Of course, as soon as I finish the bots' appearance, I'll post an update with screenshots and stuff.

Basic proof-of-concept or 'goals':
  • Close to infinite (huge terrain) with procedural generation of data, without dependence from other chunks of data.
  • Lot's of blocks to use, but quality over quantity. I don't need 10 different types of stone if I don't have a crafting table.
  • AI bots that can perform tasks, programmed by the player. (Like Human Recourse Machine, but way more different (you write code in-game/in notepad, bot reads through the text and makes a list of tasks out of it, then goes to do the things that you wrote).
  • Simple bot abilities (Speed, Stamina, Charisma, etc. (Like Fallout, I guess, but even simpler) to communicate with other bots and make variety in gameplay), hunger etc. for the player to actually care about programming bots.
  • Different blocks, that an entity can use, blocks that turn a chunk of blocks into a machine, which will then be used by entities (For example, I create a car, put an engine for the pile of blocks to move, put a wheel to control the 'car', put a power source, etc. Then it gets morphed into a model which can be resized to fit the entities needs, and the entity rides the car. Smth like that).
  • Making goals for the game aka win/get more score/ destroy all enemies.
  • Of course, this all sounds like a lot, but I'm sure I can do it, if I believe in myself and get some help from others.
  • Oh, and create an enemy bot/player, who will try to surpass me.
 If the owner of the textures gets mad at me for using them (because this Will be a commercial project), I'm very sorry, and I hope we will be able to resolve the problem before it's too late. Message me here: mcmikecreations@gmail.com Best wishes.
Sorry for the long post, here's a potato:

No comments:

Post a Comment